SoA Launches "68,000 Remember" Campaign
Spirit of America is excited to announce our "68,000 Remember" campaign. This initiative is aimed at raising awareness and support for the 68,000 men and women still serving in Afghanistan – troops who will not be home for the holidays.
You can get involved by creating a photo with the words "68,000 Remember" in it to help us build a "Wall of Support" on the Spirit of America website and our Facebook page. Our goal is to get 68,000 Americans to remember our troops. We want to let the men and women who serve America know they are not forgotten.
You can also help by spreading the word to all your family and friends through social media with the tag #68kRemember.
As part of this campaign, SoA will be offering a "text to give" option for the first time. People can make a donation of $10 by texting "troops" to 20222. As with all Spirit of America projects, one hundred percent of all donations made through this campaign will be used to provide the support U.S. troops have said is needed in Afghanistan.
More details will be coming on the campaign including the link to upload your photo. In the meantime, here are some ideas to spur your creativity.
The photo needs to include the words "68,000 Remember":
• "68,000 Remember" written on a piece of paper or the back of a business card
• A photo of a loved one who is serving
• A blackboard or whiteboard with "68,000 Remember"
• "68,000 Remember" written in the sand or snow
• A cake with "68,000 Remember" spelled out in icing
• Coworkers each holding a letter/number of "68,000 Remember"
• A child's crayon drawing